Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's raining, it's Wednesday, it's my birthday

I had no idea they were available in a box!
Today I am officially closer to 45 than I ever have been. Honestly, I didn't think this day would ever come. I can still reverse the numbers and become nine years younger; and I could definitely pass for nine years younger thanks to my good genes, (I should also thank my good jeans and my mom and dad). 


Do these jeans make me look lame?




How will I be spending this glorious rainy Wednesday, you ask? Dinner? Family? Cake? NOPE! I will spend it just like any other day. Laying about in my underwear watching bad TV while surfing the inter webs, listening to the neighbors down the street scream at each other, and dreading the fact that I have to work all night (and the next six nights). 


Chocolate Opera Cake


This is in fact, the first birthday that I have not been at Dodge Street Bar and Grill, since the age of 24. Damn! I. AM. OLD. I won't be able to celebrate this, my 43rd year on this rock, until next Thursday evening. Until then I will be thinking about this cake obsessing and drooling about eating this cake ->
for the next eight nights. It's. That. Good.



I will miss seeing my friends and my family today and will be thinking about all of you CAKE!


Splendid then...
 

1 comment: