Monday, May 2, 2011

It's fun to race SPAM!

There is definitely an echo!
I've been slacking on this whole "writing" thing lately. I'm sure I have plenty of things to tell you all about, but walking everyday appears to have a "dumbing" effect on my mind. Yes folks, exercise is making me stupid and empty inside!


So, instead of attempting to blather on like the idiot that I have become; I am going to give you a link to something fun.


Every Easter for the past six years, we have been racing SPAM at the restaurant. We call it The Spamwood Derby and as strange as it may sound, it is so much fun!


The idea was born late night at Denny's, (aren't all the best ideas born here?), after my friends band Joe Cocker Manifesto played at our bar. My friend Jon, dressed in drag in this band, and was still mostly in his female attire at Denny's that night; just to give you all an idea of what our group looked like, drunk and strange!

They had a song in their repertoire called Meat Fort, and had "given birth" to a meat baby on stage once. So we got to talking about their next gig, which would fall on Easter Sunday and what stupid thing could we do with meat and The Spamwood Derby was born! 


I'm putting some pictures up from last year and the year before and a link to some video footage of this years race.


Enjoy!




Splendid then...


1st, 2nd & 3rd place from 2009

Spam bunny died!


Spam mobiles from 2009

1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners 2010




This years event flier!


Spamwood Derby!

No comments:

Post a Comment