Saturday, August 6, 2011

What I did on my summer vay cay shun!

Sadly I did not have a vay cay shun, nor was I expecting to really. I just thought it would be a to use that as a title; sort of a trip back in time to those great old elementary school days. 

I haven't had a vacation since 2004 and I don't think that 4 days getting wrecked at a friends new living area counts qualifies as vacation material. (What am I a robot? Who the hell says friends new living area??) I. do.

So my last legitimate vacation was in October of 2002 and I don't have a whole lot to say about that other than it was on Nantucket and I love that island.

How I wish I was here...

I wish Optimus Prime controlled my power
So I will just tell you all about what I have been doing this gloriously short and not nearly hot enough summer.


The one day that the thermometer reached 102 is the day the transformer on my street caught on fire and blew up. It happened around 6:30 in the evening and they worked on and off until 1am when they called it a day and went home to their air-conditioned homes with their fans and t.v.. 




I never liked Donald Duck; this explains a lot!
Granted I was at work and didn't get home until 2am. I do like to unwind and zone out to the t.v. after work. No bother, I had candles and a little battery powered radio. I was lulled to sleep by the soothing voices on NPR. Oh those Nazis at the Grid; you know how much I love them! We didn't get power turned back on until 10:30am, so about 14hrs on the hottest day of the year. Needless to say, the little that I had in my fridge went bad and everything in my freezer melted... 
 
Good times! At least my rude ass neighbors sought shelter elsewhere that night.

This is how it's been for months; my window is right above this heaping pile of shit

Which brings me to what I have been putting up with this summer at home, courtesy of the rude, slobby, douche bag neighbors upstairs. Polite notes and talking to them are futile!

The kicker is they weren't taking any of this to the street on trash night - an opportunity to be had every week - they just let it fester week after fucking week. PIGS!!

Mmmmm diapers!
Nice job! I love flies!


THE FACT THAT I HAD TO SAY ANY THING AT ALL ABOUT <THIS> 




IS MIND BOGGLING!

Jealous of my life yet? Just a little bit? 

So my landlord lives in NY and could give a fuck about what happens here. As long as he gets his money, he can't be bothered. I had repeatedly told him about this UNSANITARY CONDITION he repeatedly ignored me until I sent the pictures and low & behold the next day the trash was all picked up. Problem. Not. Solved. Despite the many garbage barrels they could easily put their stinky trash in; they continue to put it on the ground and let the raccoons and skunks have at it. Also, my hallway smells like poop and vomit - it's quite delightful disturbing.


My summer has really been epically fun! I have done a few nice things, like my walks in the United Nations of Lynn and I did have a few midnight/full moon ocean swimming adventures. I have a feeling I won't be having another one as it's not likely to be that hot ever again this year. 


Despite all my daily stresses and insanities I am keeping it together pretty well and am fairly happy as things in my life are always changing and improving - even if I sometimes forget to notice.


Splendid then...

No comments:

Post a Comment