I would like to give a huge shout out to http://umseti.blogspot.com
for this award. I am new to the blog world and this made me feel special on a day that I needed something to cheer me up. Thank you!
This award comes with some rules and I will try my best to adhere to them:
Rule 1: I am to acknowledge the blogger who gave me this award, and duly thank them, and list/link their blog and URL. Done and done.
Rule 2: I am to list seven things you may not know about me. This could be difficult, although really what do you know about me? Not much, as I just started blogging over the past weekend!
Seven Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I wanted to be a psychologist since I was eight years old, (thanks to the Bob Newhart show), but then I found out that you had to spend at least eight years in school and well, I am lazy, what can I say? But I do have excellent listening skills and people do talk to me about their problems; I'm just not getting paid, feel free to call me Dr. Salmon ;-)
2. I love movies! I could watch movies all day every day for the rest of my life. I love old Hepburn, Grant, Tracy movies very much. I am also a sucker for the cheesy goodness of ate e's movies. Anything by John Hughes I can watch over and over again. Why can't I get paid to watch movies?
3. I have lost too many friends as a result of alcohol and drugs. It is devastating to think about. I used to drink more and do drugs every time I found out I lost another friend. Three years ago, I lost two friends within two weeks of each other and I drank an ungodly amount of whiskey in those two weeks and did some other terrible things and I decided I had enough and quit all of it on August 30, 2008.
4. I love my friends like they are my family. Friends are the family that you choose, and I have some really awesome ones.
5. I have been running a restaurant/bar with my husband for the past eight years. It was a lot of fun in the beginning and don't get me wrong, it still has it's moments, but, the stress is outweighing the fun by a billion pounds right now. You will find out more about the past eight years as I keep reading and you keep writing... you should reverse that statement and it will make more sense!
6. If it weren't for my sense of humor I would be in the "grin bin" or worse, by now.
7. I am really quite shy. Social situations give me anxiety (hence why I used to drink tons) and I go through horrible bouts of depression.
The third rule of accepting this stylish award is to share it with other bloggers who are starting out. Fifteen, to be exact. I don't know if I know fifteen, I will try:
Ummm, I'm so new to this that I am having a hard time finding new bloggers to share this with!! Any suggestions would be awesome! I will edit this blog when figure it out and share this award!!